An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 7

It is Election Night at 8:20 pm as I write this. The networks have already called Georgia for Mitt Romney as expected. This has been a turbulent election with harsh words and feelings on all sides. I am sure that we will not settle our differences with the elections. And for that, I am sorry.
Sorry because we have so much that needs working on and fixing and so much time and energy is spent trying to beat the 'other side'.
This isn't the first election that had ugliness and downright deception and it won't be the last. When there are people and power at stake, the motto of 'whatever it takes to win' is always in play.

As flawed as our system is, it is the best one around. I am proud to be an American and I am proud of participating in the election. '

Tonight, both sides will pray that their 'man' wins. I hope all of us will pray that whoever wins, will be guided by God to bring us through to the other side.

Much love, peace, and serenity to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment