An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November 29

NT -- 2 Peter 3:1-18
What a great section of scripture!
As a people that are closing in on the uber date of December 12, 2012 and the 'end' of time according to the Mayans and since I hang around so many 'dooms-dayers', this comes as a reassuring piece.
Truthfully, I don't want to know that the end is coming. I would rather enjoy life in all its beauty, weirdness, trouble and strife right up to the very end. When I know that bad things are coming, it tends to paralyse me. Maybe (and I know folks like this)it galvanizes others into action. Me, I tend to retreat to my little cave and quit making phone calls.
Peter says we don't know. Nor, should we care. We are called to live life faithfully, regardless of when or if the end should come in our lifetimes. And to ignore the ones who say the end is near or we are crazy to behave good when there is so much to be gained from being bad.
I like this philosophy and am striving to live up to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment