An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Thursday, November 15, 2012

November 17

NT -- James 1:1-18
Praise the Lord, we made it through Paul's letters!

Today we start James and I refer you to a post made by Inside Nancy's Noodle to open the doors of this book to us.
Click here, then come back.

When Nancy wrote that, much was still remaining of the Presidential race. Now, it is over and the muttering is still going on.
I stand next to this woman at one of my markets and all she wants to talk about is the direct coverup of the problems in Libya.
One of my coworkers has a nephew who sent her an email saying that the David Petraeus affair(s) were part of a Marxist plot.
On my Facebook, there are people on both sides of the political debate calling the other side names and claiming that each are illegitimate or unpatriotic.

I want all of this to stop.

I want to believe that the officials I have helped to elect are doing the best they know how to do to steer this massive ship.

I want to read in the paper and listen on the radio to stuff that is actually TRUE and not half-truths, suppositions and in some cases, outright lies.

If I look at each of those 2 statements through the lens of James, he would point out that the only one who dispenses wisdom is **God** (are you surprised?)and that is who we should be going to for help.
My job is to stand to the side of the mud and try to get as little on me as possible. I suspect that, once again, my mouth will get me in trouble with James.

No comments:

Post a Comment