An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Sunday, November 11, 2012

November 12

NT -- Hebrews 11:1-6
This is the 'by faith' section of the letter. Paul picks out Genesis heros who did what they were told to do even though they couldn't see the end result nor use reason to say, "this is the right thing to do".
Martin Luther King, Jr. said this:
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."

Certainly, this is a motivating pitch for me who loves to see the whole plan, the whole end result. And rarely in my life does that happen!
Paul's conclusion is that with God as your lead man, you don't have to see the whole plan nor should you question the plan. It is what it is. When God says go, you should go.

Proverbs 27:14
If a man blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse.

Maybe I had better keep my singing to sotto voce when the sunrise moves me....

As we come ever closer to the hustle and bustle of holiday season, I challenge you to remain steadfast in your studies and keep going.
38 days until Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment