An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 11

Ezekiel 23:1-49
A totally gross passage.
Ezekiel likens Israel and Judah to 2 prostitutes and I am sorry to say but it is extremely graphic. It is very hard to focus on Bible stuff when the scripture is talking about donkey parts and horse 'emissions'. Let me just leave it at that.

Psalm 109:1-31
Vs. 26 "Help me O Lord my God; save me in accordance with your love."

What a miraculous phrase. 'in accordance with your love'. Earlier in this psalm, the psalmist is saying the most ugly and nasty things about his enemies. And then he turns around and asks God to save 'him'. Actually, what the psalmist wants is for GOD to do the awful, nasty things to his enemies.
What is particularly powerful to me is that the psalmist makes no apologies for what he asks for and boldly states what and where he wants, even yucky stuff.
And I think, he expects God to do it!

Something to think about when we have great big emotions that are too large or powerful for us to handle. God certainly can much better than say -- a tire or a window or a spouse. Dump it on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment