An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Friday, September 14, 2012

September 15

OT -- Isaiah 19:1-21:7
It's after dinner, I am supposed to be doing my Bible Study. Fine, fine, fine. Especially after all my back patting yesterday. Practically gave myself a hernia, doing the pat-pat.
But I start to read Isaiah, realize it has been hours since I checked my email. And oh yes, I need to check the status of a blog comment I made earlier today. And oh wait, I need to post a picture to FaceBook with my cute chicken.
And so forth.
What is going on?
Well, I, frankly, am tired of hearing about the death and destruction of EVERYONE in the Middle East! Oracle this, God's portent that, and it is 100% doom and gloom.
So, then, I have to go back and research what is really happening with Isaiah. Could it have been really all that bad? Or just the king being a jerk and worshiping Baal in the high places.
Go check out this:


Click here if your email does not support YouTube.

Just as an aside, I am not a fan of taking Bible prophesies and applying them specifically to us, but this stuff is out there and I thought it was interesting, at least as a tutorial in what all the doom and gloom is about.
Would love to know how you feel about such things.

Proverbs 23:13-14
Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish him with the rod, he will not die. Punish him with the rod and save his soul from death.

Well, this one is controversial. You have strong support in the 'I'll never hit my child, hitting them only teaches them to hit others' and 'Spanking never hurt me or my siblings, I turned out okay, now didn't I'.
I remember being in Kroger one day with a wailer and a frustrated mom popped the toddler on the leg and yelled a bit. You would not believe the strangers that intervened with everything from 'I'm calling the cops' to 'Good for you, sister'.
Being a parent is a lot harder than I thought it would be.

Listen to Ruth Bell Graham's beautiful wisdom:



Much love to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment