An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 29

NT -- Romans 12:1-21
One of my boys has significant learning disabilities. Don and I knew this very early and have tried really hard to get him the help he needs in order to be successful. One of the many books that I read described the different kinds of learning styles and then proceeded to describe how schools generally only teach to one learning style, making the rest of the children who do not learn that way feel 'dumb'.
I am thinking that my learning style, at least with Paul, is not visual. I start to read him and then minutes later, I discover I am at the end of the passage and have ABSOLUTELY no idea what I have read.
This is why the internet is such a great tool for Bible in a Year.
Check out this video for our scripture today. Once I had watched it, I went back and read the passage and suddenly the verses had depth and energy that my reading did not.
Romans 12 video

So, now, having watched the video and reread the words, I realize that this is another list. Paul probably would not like it that I have reduced his sentences to a list, but it is. And this list is how to live your life because God first loved you.

Psalm 22
How did the praise experiment go? I did not have an occasion to use it today. I have to say, I had a really over the top day so I am extending the deadline for praise God in the midst of yuck until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment