An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Monday, July 16, 2012

July 17

Proverbs 19:15-16
Laziness brings on deep sleep and the shiftless man goes hungry.
Well, hard work also brings on deep sleep so I am not exactly sure what that proverb means.
Don and I have several enormous projects to get done before Matthew comes home from Camp Winshape and Cole comes home from ID Tech at Vanderbilt. The main one is to finish the chicken shed. The other one is to get the yard weeded and the fall garden planted. In years past, I have tried to do this after the children go back to school but it seems that I never get around to it and suddenly it is mid-September with no collards, turnips, or lettuce in the ground. So, I am not really one to know lazy.
But what I have observed in others is what some think is lazy is really depression.
Oh, I know some laid back folk. And I know some teenage boys that fluff up the weed bucket so that they really don't have to pull many. And I know a few who would rather 'draw' (unemployment) than actually work. Not many, but a few. Laziness and shiftlessness. Sleep and hunger. These two are stumping me.
You will have to forgive this post. My brain stopped working about 3 PM and doesn't seem to have come back on line.
Tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment