An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 23

It has been one of those days. Sunday is my only day to sleep in -- and by sleeping in I mean 7 AM. And it was heavenly. Chickens fed and let loose, dog walked and fed, kitty fed and litter box cleaned out and I was really ready for some coffee.
I like to Facebook with my coffee -- sort of gets me up to speed on what friends and family are doing since I despise talking on the telephone.
And there, in graphic display was a post by my nephew -- Had a peanut reaction.
My nephew has a fatal allergy to peanuts. He was saved by his quick thinking mother and an Epi-Pen.
Life is so very fragile.
Before church, I sat for a few minutes with two dear, dear friends, both of whom are failing right before my eyes. Their combined woes, spoken with casualness and grace, make every ache and pain I have from my various exertions seem pitiful and small. These two are such humble, faithful servants of our Lord.
At church, the sermon was about faithfulness. I should probably own up to this -- I got Most Loyal as a senior at Woodward. I would give faithfulness, almost to a fault, as one of my attributes. But listening to Joe B's sermon and hearing what real faithfulness means "trusting the Lord and then trusting one another" makes me realize how very far I have to go.
Joe B's sermon is at minute 10. Go get a kleenex before you watch it.

Click here if your email does not support video feed.

God is really faithful to us even when we are pains in the fanny. That's what I feel like I have been here lately to Him, a big pain in his fanny.
Ever feel that way?

I feel like all I have been doing lately here in blog world is whine, whine, whine about this, that and everything else that puzzles me, irritates me, and mostly confuses me. Ever feel that way?

And as always, God has an answer for my lowness of spirit and self-deprecations.
Look at the psalm scripture for today:
Psalm 18:16-36
"He reached down from on high and took hold of Sylvia;
He drew Sylvia out of deep waters.
He rescued Sylvia from her powerful enemies (self-loathing, depression, fear and despair),
from her foes who were too strong for her.
They confronted Sylvia in the day of her disaster,
but the Lord was her support.
He brought her out into a spacious place;
He rescued her because (why?) He delights in Sylvia."

Friends, sometimes it is hard to understand what on earth some of stuff in the Bible is for. Othertimes, the graciousness and full body of God's mercy and love are so evident, so transparent for each of us, all of us.

Abide in that all powerful, gracious love that delights in each of us, whether we are giant pains in the fanny or the humble servants who are about to be called home to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment