An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December 5

OT -- Hosea 1:1
I personally think it is hideous to name some poor child the names that God told Hosea to name his kids. All I can think of is Johnny Cash's A boy named Sue.



Click here if your email does not support YouTube.

I can already tell I am going to have problems with Hosea.

NT -- 1 John 5:1-21
So many answers to so many questions here in the letters of John!

Look at vs.n 16-17
If anyone sees his brother commit a sin that does not lead to death, he should pray and God will give him life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying he should pray about that. All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not lead to death.

Well, now, I am glad we are not supposed to chastise a fellow believer when they are doing wrong. And I am also glad that there really is, as I have always suspected, a hierarchy of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment