An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Monday, December 3, 2012

December 4

OT -- Daniel 11:36-12:13
These passages are about Antiochus Ephiphanes IV and were specifically written to help the faithful Jews hold fast in the war of the Maccabees.
I really enjoyed reading these apocalyptic passages but I must say, I must be 10 years old at heart because I prefer my Daniel to be the hero.
But Daniel has been a lovely interlude. I am afraid we are back to the grind of the prophets after today.

NT -- 1 John 4:1-21
Aren't these beautiful verses!
Vs. 7-8
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love, does not know God because God is love.
This is my answer to all the people who are so caught up in worrying about Jews, Muslims,Hindus, etc. If they love, they are children of God and He loves them.
I don't understand it and I don't have all the answers but that one is as much as I need.
Now, my job is to go out into the world and love.

Grace and Peace to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment