An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Friday, December 28, 2012

December 29

NT -- Revelation 20:1-15
The Book of Life
Scare you or are you confident?
You probably know where I stand. Scared would be way too tame a word. And most of the time, the stuff that makes me crazy are the things I DIDN'T do rather than what I did, although, I have to say, there are plenty of those as well.
One of the things I am working on personally is regret. The other is generosity of spirit. My goal is to minimize the regret and have an open heart towards those in need, whatever their need is.
I am not sure that I think there truly is a 'Book of Life' any more than I perceive a giant dragon but what I do think is that God placed in my heart that still, small voice to push me towards things He would wish me to do and say. This kind of stuff takes practice and that is a big goal of mine for next year.
I hope that my column of 'good stuff' is better than my 'bad stuff' in the Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment