An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Genesis Quiz

Genesis Quiz
Rules: Try this without looking first and then you can use your Bibles to check or change your answers. Please either post or email me your responses so I can tell how we are doing.
1. According to Genesis 1, what was the earth like before God began creating?
2. How many sons did Adam and Eve have and what were their names?
3. What were the professions of Adam and Eve’s sons?
4. Who was Enoch and what is he famous for?
5. Why was Noah chosen out of all the men?
6. Which of Noah’s sons has the line that leads to Jesus and why?
7. Why were Abram, Sarai, and Jacob’s names changed?
8. What is the significance of the barren women in the book of Genesis?
9. What are some of the covenants made in Genesis?
10. Why was Jacob called the trickster?
11. Why was Jacob partial to Joseph and what consequences did this have on his family?
12. What did Joseph mean when he said ‘you meant it for harm but God intended it for good’?
Reflection:
What was the most important thing you either learned or relearned during the study of Genesis and why?
What troubles you the most about your readings in Genesis?
What did you read that brought you closer to God?

1 comment:

  1. Alright I did the quiz. I had thought that I was all done with the need to do well on tests but I felt a great deal of pressure. I think that the quiz was a very good wake up call to be sure that I was reading not just for the day but to remember.

    Here are the things that I did not know:

    I was able to name Cain, Abel and Seth but I have no idea how many sons that they ultimately had nor what were their names.

    I did not remember Enoch.

    I did not (and still don't know) which one of Noah's sons is the ancestor of Jesus. I could not find it.

    I don't know the significance of all the barren women in Genesis. If it was in one of the blogs, I couldn't find it.

    So I would have a solid C.

    ReplyDelete