An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Monday, October 8, 2012

October 9

NT -- 1st Thessalonians 1:1-2:9
Never read this one either...
I do love the name Thessalonica.

And I decided to read this one differently than I normally do. I have read no commentary and done no research on where, when or why. I am just going to read it fresh -- well, as fresh as I can based on my anti-Paul bias which I admit is smaller than when we started. It does, however, still exist.

At first glance, I have the impression that Paul is really pressing home the point that he never was a 'burden', never 'covered up greed', and worked 'night and day'. And for that, I think more is coming along that line.
I do think it is interesting that the folks in Thessalonica got not only the gospel but also the Holy Spirit. Sounds like some of Paul's converts got the gospel but not the power.

Proverbs 24:30-34
Now, these are true words, at least as far as the weeds in Georgia! Even this time of year, you have to be diligent in the pulling and removal, otherwise those weeds will take over. Growing food is really hard work and I am ever grateful that I only supply part of my food. It is a massive undertaking to feed 4 plus 2 pets plus livestock.
I can totally see the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment