An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Thursday, October 25, 2012

October 26

NT -- Titus 1:1-16
Wow, Paul really hops right in with his condemnations here! I feel like I missed a page!
You have to love his whole elder speech. I just want to point out that I can name 10 really awesome men right off the top of my head who have one or more children who are a problem. And mostly because the kid is a problem though sometimes I do think the man or his wife have some blame. And almost always, these men have other children who are totally in line.
My dad for one. He has Debbie and Alfred, then there is me.
He definitely would not have fit into Paul's elder category because I was a total idiot.
Then there are men who have totally awesome children who are totally in the jerk category themselves.
It is awfully, awfully hard to think of a single man who is wonderful and who has all great children who toe the line.
Maybe that is the point. An elder should be uber special. Except, church is populated by folks who are not. This is a problem. And I don't know about you, but I really, really do not want to be 'rebuked' although I have to say, I probably could stand a good one, every now and then.
I am definitely going to have to think on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment