An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Sunday, October 7, 2012

October 8

NT -- Colossians 3:18-4:18
This part of the scripture contains my favorite part of Paul's letters -- the instructions to his friends, colleagues, and other correspondents. One of the ones mentioned is "Luke, the doctor". Is this why we know Luke was a doctor?

Can I just say, I LOVE the internet? No sooner had I asked the above question before I was typing into Google. And look what I came up with!!!
Click here to read this fascinating biography and step by step argument for Luke.

But back to the subject at hand -- Colossians.
Yes, this section does mention the husband/wife, slave/master, child/parent relationships. But I have less problem with this than you might think. Both sides have a responsibility. The problems I do have with this passage have to do with the way PEOPLE use them to dominate others, something Paul would not have appreciated.

And so, we close Colossians and will pick up tomorrow with Thessalonians. Just in passing, wouldn't you have like to read the letter Paul wrote to the Laodiceans?

No comments:

Post a Comment