An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 17

NT -- 1st Timothy 2:1-15
Just when I thought I despised Paul less than I used to, I bump into vs. 14 "And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner."
Dude, you make me sick. My Bible (and it was translated from the same Septuagint that Paul's would have been) says this about that stupid piece of fruit: Genesis 3:6 "When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, WHO WAS WITH HER, and he ate it." (Capitals, mine.)
The dumb *ss Adam knew where she had gotten the fruit, he knew he wasn't supposed to eat it, he had the same choice she did at the same time she did. Either a)he had no control over his wife and her misdeeds b)he was stupid and had forgotten what God had said or c)HE WANTED IT TOO. Me, I am going for c.
Oh, Eve did bad. Oh yes she did. But Adam was right there and he did it too. If Paul is going to classify Eve as a sinner, then Adam should get the full frontal assault as well. And then men should only be redeemable if THEY have children.

This probably was not the best scripture for me to read tonight, home late from a market with a really scary day ahead of me for tomorrow. Some of what is on the list -- furnace repairman coming, my washing machine is finally, totally, and gratefully DEAD and I have to go a buy a new one, a scary appointment and the list goes on.
Paul. I know he is beloved but he gets on my nerves.



No comments:

Post a Comment