An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 22

NT – Luke 5:12-28
Vs. 26 says ‘Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said, “We have seen remarkable things today.”’
The seeing remarkable things phrase was everywhere evident in my life today. It was meeting up with a group of ladies I studied Bible several years ago with and it was like no time had passed. It was running into a neighbor at Publix who said that she remembered a flyer I had done *2 YEARS AGO* about supplying our church’s assistance program with toilet paper. Publix has a decent sale on toilet paper but her buggy was full! She was on her way to CAC to drop it off. It was sitting at dinner tonight with two chatting, affable teen boys who were interested in each other and in what had happened to Don and me during the day. And then it is reading a Bible story that I am sure was in my Children’s Bible and finding new meaning of God’s grace.
I haven’t ever actually beheld a healing. At least not one that happens right on the spot. But Jesus’ miracles are everywhere evident if we slow down enough, quit twirling enough, open our eyes and hearts enough to look.
What did you see today that was remarkable and did you give the praise to God?

Proverbs 11:23
This one is personal to me since unfortunately, many of my desires are wicked. I am headed for wrath. With that in mind, is it possible to shift the desire to something that is Godly? Is the reason that it will have a good end enough? Maybe in the beginning. Further along, I think you really have to change your heart. And that, I think, is my answer to the age old question of the deathbed conversion. It is okay and it IS good enough for the brand new. But we KNOW better and God expects more from us. If I know it is wrong, then I HAVE to shift my focus.

OT – Numbers 33:40-35:34
Go to this website for an excellent website on the Cities of Refuge. I love how the author ties the cities in with Jesus.
http://www.sermonnotebook.org/joshua/Josh%2020_1-9.htm

1 comment:

  1. Because I am using a Bible app on my iPad. I am able to switch between various translations with just the touch of a screen. I have found reading the lesson everyday this way especially helpful when reading the Psalms or Proverbs part.

    Today's Proverb reading in the Good News Translation spoke to me. Here it is:

    What good people want always results in good; when the wicked get what they want, everyone is angry. (Proverbs 11:23 GNTD)

    Isnt that just the truth. When the wicked get what they want everyone is angry.

    It is for insights like the Proverb above that have kept me going through this plan. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete