An Appropriate Proverb

There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord.
Proverbs 21:30

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Beginning

Beginning January 1, 2012, I am going to attempt to read the Bible in one year using The NIV version of The One Year Bible. My intention is to work on this for 30 minutes in the evening and 15 minutes in the morning every day. I hope to have followers who will pop in when they can or even to follow the journey with me.
I have thought about what my goals are. If you know me, you know I am a FlyBaby (www.flylady.net) and babysteps are a major key to anything I attempt if I want to be successful. So, my goals for January are simply to post the the reading, do it and then post further if something strikes me. If I do this, a gold star on my kitchen calendar. It may take me longer than a month to establish this habit but that is okay. Any amount of Bible reading is better than what I did this past year. If you are following me, feel free to add your comments to that day's reading.
I have also spent some time thinking about WHY I am doing this. What I have come up with is that I am at a lull in my faith life. There is a tremendous amount of change going on in my real life and I have allowed all the worldly stuff to push aside my Bible studies. Reading the Bible in a year will give me structure, something I desperately need in order to stay focused. The blog will help me stay accountable.
I hope you will join me.

1 comment:

  1. Big task are always the most rewarding. Hope I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete